"Bukankan hati kita berkobar-kobar, ketika Ia berbicara dengan kita di tengah jalan dan ketika Ia menerangkan Kitab Suci kepada kita?" (Lukas 24:32)



14 Jan 2012

Turning Point

My life changing experience took place during the ending mass of “Retret Awal” at Lembah Karmel, Tumpang, Malang – East Java on September 22, 2002. I finished the retreat feeling that there was nothing very special to be taken home during my stay there.

To my surprise, I heard the First Reading taken from Isaiah 55, “For My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, says the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.” Somehow I heard it differently, that the Lord has a great plan (for me).

I didn’t realize that through my “never giving up” prayers, I pushed God to grant my will. With this incident, He taught me that indirectly I have rejected His love by insisted on my own will. By then I learned that I was too occupied with my own plans, so I failed to see that He has great plans for me.


God, forgive me that I have been very self-concerned by that time. Teach me to be more attentive to Your wills and concerns so that I can walk on Your way in Your love and peacefulness. Amen.


BSD, January 1, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment